Together We Can Addiction Recovery & Education Society was founded in 1993 and since then has become one of Canada’s leading treatment centres for men. Located in Metro Vancouver, TWC’s mission is to educate and support men and families who struggle with the challenges of substance misuse, and desire a new life in recovery.
TWC provides over 300 men with abstinence-based recovery programs and supportive housing opportunities in a therapeutic residential setting. Our addiction recovery programs, transitional housing, and aftercare initiatives provide residents with an integrated approach to rehabilitation.
Together We Can understands that long-term recovery is most successful when people are provided health and wellness supports for physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing.
TWC is a licensed healthcare service provider through Vancouver Coastal Health, and is well established as a reputable destination where men can truly begin to create change in their lives and rebuild their family relationships.
As a registered charity, we are dedicated to building positive community relationships with Families, Donors, Partners, and Government. Together, we can continue to make a difference in our community. Thank you for your generous support.
The Recovery Process
- TWC recognizes that alcoholism and chemical dependency are chronic, progressive diseases and that abstinence is only the beginning of the recovery process.
- Men participating in our program must develop an awareness of how their thoughts and beliefs block them from wellness and inner peace.
- It is imperative that each man take personal responsibility for making alternative choices leading to recovery.
- A key aspect of recovery is learning how to heal interpersonal relationships. The shift from feeling alone and isolated to one of inclusion is essential to each individual’s own recovery.
- TWC provides a safe and loving therapeutic environment for our participants in their pursuit of a new way of life.
Programs for Recovery
The Residential Addiction Recovery Program accommodates 42 adult men who reside in five comfortable homes in a quiet Vancouver neighbourhood. There is an education centre on the same property where men begin to learn how to recover.
As this is the foundation for recovery, men in this program are encouraged to share openly and honestly about their experiences and thoughts with the common goal of creating a safe recovery environment – often resulting in unity and lasting bonds.
Our Transitional Housing Program allows residents who have completed their initial treatment program to transition from the structured environment of the Addiction Recovery Program, back into the community and a life of independence.
The homes are dispersed throughout Greater Vancouver, and serve as a launching pad for men to explore work, volunteering, and educational opportunities. It offers a safe living environment with a level of stability and structure—increasing the odds of maintaining long-term sobriety.
The Family Support Program is FREE of charge to the family members of TWC residents, and takes place every Wednesday evening from 6:30-8:30pm at TWC Centre, 2831 Kingsway, Vancouver BC.
The 4 sessions are a source of knowledge, support and connection for family members who endure, or have triumphed over addiction. Sharing similar experiences in a safe and comforting environment allows families to heal together.